New member from Ontario, Canada

7 Replies

Hello my name is Crystal Paddle.

I'm a Senior Account for Grant Thornton LLP in St. Catharines. I'm new to real estate investing myself, however my husband has a duplex he purchased and renovated before I met him. In addition, his brother owns several multi-family dwellings.

I personally would like to acquire a four-plex and my dream would be to own a small apartment complex.

Welcome Crystal!  I'm a long time investor and flipper from the Niagara area. My girlfriend and I have been at it for 10 years with 25 flips and a few multi units under our belt now. 

If your ever have questions or need advise I'm always happy to help out the locals. Just hit me up on here or email me direct. 

Never complain about a good coffee to share stories over either :-) 

Hey @Crystal Paddle  Welcome to the site! Definitely start jumping into the community here! You should check out the weekly BiggerPockets Webinar hosted by yours truly! They’re fun!

You may also enjoy this post, about multifamily properties: How to Buy a Small MultiFamily Property: A Step by Step Case Study

See you around!

Hi Crystal,

I am a new investor in the niagara region, so welcome.  Great advice here on this site.  

It is a tough area to find good multi families (by that i mean that most of them are not cash flowing and need a heap of work!), so be very diligent with your numbers.

Are you looking for a long term buy and hold?  Cash flow?  Appreciation?...

I think narrowing down your scope to what your strategy is will be key to your success.  

If you have any questions drop a line!

Welcome Crystal,

I found BP a few months ago and there is tons of information and fellow investors willing to share and help!

I'm a small time buy and hold investor in St. Catharines - you, Dave Vogt, Jeff Beler and I should all get together for a coffee someday!

Doug

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you