Newbie from Moore/Norman Oklahoma

Newbie from Moore/Norman Oklahoma

Norman, OK · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Have worked in a factory for years working lots of overtime to make ends meet. Having just gone thru a divorce I'm wanting to get out of the hole that has left me in. 

I've owned a couple of homes and remodeled both. 

I'd like to learn how to flip some homes to start out to build some capital for investing and holding. 

Any ideas on how to find an investor and or mentor would be greatly appreciated also! 

1Reply
13 views

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Scott TrenchPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    10y

    Hi @Russell Roundtree

    I think that you've come to the right place to learn about real estate!

    If you are interested in finding Mentors, I recently wrote "The Ultimate Guide to Finding Incredible Mentors"

    I'm always happy to help point you in the right direction for resources or tools on BiggerPockets that can help you with your REI goals!

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Russell Roundtree@Russell Roundtree

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. Consider sending messages to other members for specific guidance.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    10y

    @Russell Roundtree

    Welcome to the site.

    Good luck to you & I'll see you around the forums.

  • Norman, OK · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Thank you, I'll need all the help I can get! 

    Thanks

  • Rhett TullisBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 617 votes
    10y

    there are some great local groups you can get involved with here to start learning if you are in the okc metro.  

  • Investor · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2013 · 277 posts · 78 votes
    10y

    Hey @Russell Roundtree welcome to BP! Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who flips in Norman, so I can't be of much help. However, just like Rhett mentioned, check out the OKCREIA as well as Millionaire Possibilities. They are both Oklahoma City centric real estate investment groups, and I'm sure you'll be able to make some valuable contacts there. Best of luck! 

  • Norman, OK · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Thanks Tyler I'll look into those!

  • Engineer · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2013 · 144 posts · 44 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP! I also live in Norman

  • Belleville, IL · Member since 2015 · 48 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Welcome to the BP community!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.