Newbie from Moore/Norman Oklahoma

9 Replies

Have worked in a factory for years working lots of overtime to make ends meet. Having just gone thru a divorce I'm wanting to get out of the hole that has left me in. 

I've owned a couple of homes and remodeled both. 

I'd like to learn how to flip some homes to start out to build some capital for investing and holding. 

Any ideas on how to find an investor and or mentor would be greatly appreciated also! 

Hi @Russell Roundtree

I think that you've come to the right place to learn about real estate!

If you are interested in finding Mentors, I recently wrote "The Ultimate Guide to Finding Incredible Mentors"

I'm always happy to help point you in the right direction for resources or tools on BiggerPockets that can help you with your REI goals!

there are some great local groups you can get involved with here to start learning if you are in the okc metro.  

Hey @Russell Roundtree welcome to BP! Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who flips in Norman, so I can't be of much help. However, just like Rhett mentioned, check out the OKCREIA as well as Millionaire Possibilities. They are both Oklahoma City centric real estate investment groups, and I'm sure you'll be able to make some valuable contacts there. Best of luck! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you