New Investor from NWI

11 Replies

I'm a new member from northwest Indiana. I currently live in Merrillville. I am looking at investing in small multi-family properties in Lake and Porter Co. My first property will probably be a house hack.

Excellent!  Welcome @Robert Cornoyer There are many opportunities in your area.  I am just starting out in NWI myself.  I'm sending you a colleague request with my personal contact info.  

Thanks for the info. I will definitely keep your info. I'm in the process of building my team (attorney, CPA, agent, etc) It's great to be able to find people on BP that I wouldn't otherwise meet.

Welcome! I am also new here and dipping my toes into this NWI market. If you find a good property manger in Porter Co, please pass the info along! I will need one eventually, but haven't  had much time to search yet.

Hey welcome to Bigger Pockets.  We started buying and selling  (and now renting) houses in South Bend a few years ago and it has gone incredibly well.  We just bought our first tax liens in LaPorte County.  If you ever want to collaborate on anything a little east of you or ever want a second set of eyes to look at anything, just let me know!

Good Luck

@Robert Cornoyer

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. Consider searching Bigger Pockets Members list and look for members who have information associated with their names pertaining to what you are seeking.

At the bottom of this page is a list with help in it. Click on help. You will see answers to questions that you didn't even think of.

Enjoy as you prosper.....

As for an accountant do not feel like you need to use someone local. Many of us accountants have clients worldwide. Payroll, bookkeeping, etc can mostly be done remotely.

Here is a great list of questions to ask a potential accountant:http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/70447-questions-to-ask-a-cpa

Also check out the www.NAEA.org page in your search. It should help you find someone local. If someone comes to me, I'll send them your way.

If you need help in your search or want to verify something don't hesitate to ask.

For example: I have clients worldwide and things are just as easy as I e-mail them, talking on the phone. I even use Skype and TeamViewer to communicate with clients so I'd highly recommend looking for one of the best with great references that interviews well with you.

So look for someone you can connect with that works out for your situation.

Feel free to ask here if you have questions.

They were RMC and 1st American Management, @Linnea Minnema . I came across one of your other forum posts and saw you had them listed. If you end up using any of the companies on your list I would love to hear about your experience. I'm looking for small multi-families in Lake and Porter Co.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you