Rochelle from Portland, OR

6 Replies

Hello Forum!

My name is Rochelle Hagnas, I currently live in Portland, Oregon.

My best qualities: I am humble, and teachable. If you can offer me 1-2 pieces of advice that would be so appreciated!

For 14 years I worked in the gym industry. I co-owned a gym for 9 of those 14 years with my husband and our business partner. LOVED IT! After the birth of my 2nd child, in 2013, I left the industry and took care of our household.

In 2007 the gym was needing to relocate to a larger facility. This is where my interest in Real Estate was sparked. I joined all sorts of email list and was upfront with real estate agents about just liking to watch the market.

Then 2009 hit and my family was needing to purchase a home closer to the gym. I had followed the market for the past 2 years.  I found the home we currently live in and it was an estate sale. DEAL! I knew that it was going to be our new home and our first investment property.

Almost 6 years later, we are still in our investment property and ready to start investing into our future.

Steve was very helpful in offering advice. Thank him for me. I was almost overwhelmed by his kindness. You really have a nice partner. Which speaks volumes about how nice you must be. I look forward to doing some business with your company in the near future.

@Rochelle Hagnas Welcome to BP. Be sure to check out all the learning resources on this site. I would also suggest that you look into a couple of local real estate investor groups, both Northwest REIA and Rarebird hold monthly meetings and are attended by seasoned and newer investors alike and are great networking groups.

@Rochelle Hagnas

Hey Rochelle,

Welcome to BP! It's a great community here. You will gain a TON of knowledge and who knows - maybe you'll even find a partner or two.

Knowing that there is a resource available to me that offers advice on pretty much any REI question has been a huge benefit to me and my business.

Investing in multifamily properties by using as little of my own money as possible is my game. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you in your journey!

The best way to jump into buy and hold ownership is to target an owner occupied multi family home with an FHA loan - which means only 3.5% down payment. Send me a message if you want more details. : )

A

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you