Greetings from Northwest Indiana!

8 Replies

Greetings BP community!  I've listened to the podcast for a few months now and joined the site a little bit ago, so I decided to start participating in the forums as well.

I've been interested in real estate for a long time now and my wife and I are in a situation where we can finally start acting on our goals in the next couple months.  I'm interested in starting off purchasing small multi-family properties as buy-and-holds, most likely beginning with a duplex at the start of 2016.  

My goal is to build a respectable portfolio under an LLC that could one day allow me to leave full time jobs and work for myself. I have dreams of starting with a small duplex, but snowballing into multiple four-units within a matter of years.

I'm also interested in making contacts in the area (or anywhere) to share advice, opportunities, or even some drinks!

@Ken Van Haitsma Jr Hey Ken, congrats on planning out your first steps. Sounds like you've got a good idea on how to get into REI. Like others have already mentioned, make an effort to meet other local investors by going to local investing meet ups. Investing is so local that you want as much local knowledge as you can, and that's the best way to get it.

Besides that, keep learning and dig through the forums here, along with everything you can find in the Learn tab up top. 

Good luck to you and your wife on finding the right deal to start off with!

Cheers

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you