Investor from Dallas, Texas

9 Replies

I live in the Dallas area.  I'm getting back into residential investing by Wholesaling and started my mailout campaign last week.

The last two decades I’ve been working for a private group investing and managing small shopping centers in Texas.

In my younger days, I invested and rehabbed multifamily properties in Fort Worth. 

I've been listening and reading a lot of information from the Bigger Pockets website.

Looking forward to a great 2016!

Hey George!

We're actually based in Dallas now too, great to see more activity in the area.

There's some great meetup groups around Dallas, would love to see you at them. 

The private group I've been working for is gradually selling off property and retiring.  There is becoming less and less work to do.   I want to grow my retirement and someday involve my grandkids ib the business.

Originally posted by @George Morwood :

I live in the Dallas area.  I'm getting back into residential investing by Wholesaling and started my mailout campaign last week.

The last two decades I’ve been working for a private group investing and managing small shopping centers in Texas.

In my younger days, I invested and rehabbed multifamily properties in Fort Worth. 

I've been listening and reading a lot of information from the Bigger Pockets website.

Looking forward to a great 2016!

Hello an welcome!  I was born and raised in Dallas.  I now live in Coppell, which is in northwest Dallas county.  I am 59 years old and recovering slowly from a stroke and brain Ann risk.  My brain is in good condition and I started learning from BP about 3 months ago.  I have been in the construction business since I was 17.  I graduated and had a broker lic nose sine 1980.  If you think I can help you with anything do not hesitate to contact me.  Good luck!  

@George Morwood

Welcome aboard the BP community. You already have some experience and with additional effort, will quickly climb the REI ladder to its pinnacle.

To be more successful, you simply have to work on the other elements to progress your REI pursuit.

Below are some quick links to get engaged on this site.

REI books suggested by BPers

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/04/14/best-real-estate-books/?utm_source=search&utm_medium=internal&utm_campaign=books

Lastly, this site thrives on interactions and as such we encourage two way exchanges and look forward to educational and thought provoking ideas relevant to REI.

@George Morwood

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. I believe you will go further this time around. Happy to have you here.

At the bottom of this page is a list with help in it. Click on help. You will see answers to questions that you didn't even think of.

Looking forward to sharing insights with you in the forums. 

Enjoy as you prosper......

Welcome @George Morwood .

You might want to set up keyword searches for topics and areas you are interested in seeing what others are discussing. The Forum tab above is also useful. You can look for local BP meetup groups there or do a search for them.

If you are not aware of it, the North Texas Association of Real Estate Investors (www.ntarei.com) meets monthly and has other educational opportunities throughout the month. This is a good place to network with some local investors and vendors.

Good luck.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you