Newbie from bronx NYC

12 Replies

Hello everyone,

Recently moved to New York City from Buffalo, New York and I am here on the BP forum to educate myself on the different types of real estate investments. I've been lurking around the site for about a year and I think it's time to take action. My goal is to educate myself as much as possible and to find an experienced wholesaling mentor to help me with my first deal.  

@Delmar Bennett

Welcome to the vibrant BP community. Your time here will be well spent. Now that you have made the move, below are some links that will help you navigate the site. However, this site thrives on interactions and as such we encourage two way exchanges and look forward to educational and thought provoking ideas relevant to REI.

Before your connect with a mentor you can review the wholesaling guide at the link below, to gather some basics of the trade.

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2015/01/31/ultimate-beginners-guide-real-estate-wholesaling-2/?utm_source=search&utm_medium=internal&utm_campaign=wholesaleguide eBook

community-book

REI books suggested by BPers

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/04/14/best-real-estate-books/?utm_source=search&utm_medium=internal&utm_campaign=books

Lastly, don't forget the podcasts, webinars, #askbp podcast and the blogs.

The best place to invest… Is Buffalo New York. It's where New York City spends their money, California spends its money, can I spend the money, cross the ocean spent money in Buffalo.

Hi @Delmar Bennett. I think that mentors can be an incredible blessing to investors - I've been really lucky and have had some great ones myself.

I definitely struggled to find some great mentors myself, however, and I think that my experience could perhaps be of value to you! Let me know if you think that "The Ultimate Guide to Finding Incredible Mentors" might help you in your real estate investing journey!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you