New member from Michigan, excited to be here!

14 Replies

My name is Travis Page from Jackson Michigan. I am a young and motivated entrepreneur with great desire to learn more about this vast world of real estate investing With a main focus in multi family and commercial real estate. I am quite a novice when it comes to real estate but I've researched markets since I was in high school so I hope to not only build lasting relationships with like minded professionals but also build a strong portfolio. Very excited to get started on my dreams and accomplish my goals. Very open to comments and tips as I don't have a mentor at the moment but I'm interested in learning new things and advice!

Hey Travis, 

Welcome! I'm new too I live in Ypsilanti and I have always been interested in real estate. My only experience is purchasing my primary residence but I hope to house hack my first multi-family in the near future. This is a great place to start to get a wealth of info. 

@Travis Page Welcome!  My brother in law and his family are from Jackson and my family on my moms side are from Rochester.  Always good to see a Michigan-er in here!  I think Michigans market is super investor friendly these days.  Good luck and see you around the forums!

Hey Travis, Welcome..

This is a great place to receive good information.  Take it all in, and don't forget...

Just take an action everyday toward your goal..

How do you eat an elephant???

One bite at a time.

Good luck.

Rob

Thanks to everyone! I'm excited to start my journey, I've been thinking about it for years. Here to collect as much information as I can to hit the ground running! And yes J, Michigan has a lot to offer! I'm ready to get investing.

Originally posted by @Lawrence Henkel III :

Hey Travis, 

Welcome! I'm new too I live in Ypsilanti and I have always been interested in real estate. My only experience is purchasing my primary residence but I hope to house hack my first multi-family in the near future. This is a great place to start to get a wealth of info. 

Hopefully We will see each other in the near future and possibly make some great deals!

@Travis Page Welcome to the BP community.  There is a wealth of information and resources on BP.  Thus far, my limited real estate investing experience has involved house hacking my first home.  It's a strategy that I would recommend for new investors that are interested in buy and hold investing.

Welcome! I grew up in Adrian, Michigan and moved to Louisville, Kentucky a couple of years ago. I am still considering investing in Michigan since my family lives there and I travel up there multiple times throughout the year. Keep me updated on your journey and we might be able to work together in the future.

Welcome, bro!  It's a big family, with people all moving through the cycle of investor level.  At some point, we will all be the buyer, seller, lender, etc.  It's not a competition.  If you need any help in and around Chicago, let me know.

-Tom

I'm also a newer investor from Michigan (Grand Rapids).  I was trying to read, ask questions, and learn for a couple of years until I heard something on a BP podcast that made me commit.  Make sure you don't get caught up in "analysis paralysis".  Everyone will agree that learning and education are great, but at some point its time to take off the training wheels and commit.  That being said, I just purchased my first rental this month.  Sometimes ready, fire, aim is the way to go.  I'm sure I'll make some mistakes, and things will come up, but I'm confident the learning curve will be much faster this way.  No time like the present, right?

Good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you