Philadelphia Investing Duo

11 Replies

Hi BP community!

My husband and I have been investing in real estate for about 5 years and are ready to quit our 9-5 to go pro! I'm 25 (I'm a lawyer) and my husband is 28 (he's an accountant) and together we own and personally manage over $5 million in real estate in Philadelphia and South Jersey. 

Our love is for real estate and we are excited to make our passion a full time commitment. We hope to be able to bring our knowledge and success to others looking to invest in the Philadelphia area through turn key and traditional property management, wholesaling, and joint ventures on flips!

Our personal properties are mostly student rentals but we are looking to expand into other areas for our personal portfolio such as single family housing and larger apartment complexes. Also, we've purchased our properties almost exclusively through auctions so we are looking to learn to purchase properties through other means to increase the number of properties we hold and/or flip. Speaking of flip, we've never done one and would love to learn how to start flipping now that we will have the time!

We are really excited to become an active part of the BP community after going solo for so long. We have become BP podcast addicts and look forward to learning so much more from the BP community. If you've worked in the Philadelphia/South Jersey area we'd love to hear from you and learn about new areas of RE investing!

Best,

Bonnie Johnson

I am a bit of a newbie but I would love to help you in any way I can. Maybe you can teach me about auction purchases or even go in together on a deal if you're into that. 

Good Evening

Welcome to BP!

Let me know if I can assist or refer you to a local real estate networking event or professional service that can assist you.

Regards,

Joe Scorese

Hello Dynamic Duo!!

We are super excited to have apart of the BP family now!

Initially I began my investing career looking into fix and flips, then shifted my attention to the Notes side of the business. I found that area to be an excellent opportunity to create passive income and strong capital gains.

Looking forward to connecting with y'all (I'm from Texas!), who knows maybe even do a deal together!

Welcome to the BP community!! I'm a local wholesaler and also investor with a main focus in the Philadelphia area. Feel free to connect if you're looking for properties or learn about the best area's of investing in Philly. 

Hi @Bonnie Johnson my wife and I live at the shore and now mostly invest in Atlantic City.  We have a rental in Fishtown and a couple others in south jersey.   We self manage and have a contractor license.  We looked into property management in NJ but the broker requirement turned us off.  

Welcome to BP @Bonnie Johnson   I started buying properties at the auction about 2 years ago.  It can be very profitable but is very time consuming.  Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions about the auction process or buying property in Philly in general.

@Jacques Hudson   I do a lot of business in Overbrook Park and have a couple of apartment buildings in University City.  I'm currently buying a short sale in Overbrook Park to flip.  We should link up.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you