Big Time Newbie From San Antonio, Texas

7 Replies

Hi everyone. My name is Marcus. I've been on Bigger Pockets as a lurker for sometime now and finally decided to make an account and be more active. For a long time now I've been trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. I am currently in college for Business Administration and work a part time job at a restaurant. I found that real estate and business intermingle and I really enjoy hearing about success stories and making a nice house into a great house. 

Right now I live in San Antonio and am enjoying it enough that I want to start investing here. A big reason I made this account was to start networking with fellow BP members that are in my area. My goal is to be able to quit my job and pursue real estate as a full time job. I want to start with foreclosures but anything that will get my foot in the door on investing is totally fine with me.

I am pleased to meet you great people and I look forward to talking and sharing with everyone. Thank you :)

Originally posted by @Michael Le :

Big time welcome, @Marcus Jackson. Your profile pic shows you're sleeping on the job. Have to wake up if you want to get in this game ;)

Ha. You caught me slipping. I'll make sure to stay on my A game when I take another picture. Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome Marcus.   I know this business can sound exciting and a lot of folks want to jump in.  But knowing your target and your finances are key to success.  Do your homework.  I recommend reading "The Millionaire Real Estate Investor" by Gary Keller of Keller Williams which will really set you on the right path.  I am a full-time realtor here in San Antonio and can help locating and purchasing properties.  Feel free to contact me.

Originally posted by @Donald Fetzer :

Welcome Marcus.   I know this business can sound exciting and a lot of folks want to jump in.  But knowing your target and your finances are key to success.  Do your homework.  I recommend reading "The Millionaire Real Estate Investor" by Gary Keller of Keller Williams which will really set you on the right path.  I am a full-time realtor here in San Antonio and can help locating and purchasing properties.  Feel free to contact me.

I totally agree Donald. I have been reading for a while now and still continue to expand my knowledge on investing. I always love learning new things about the business. I've heard great reviews about that book and will be picking it up tomorrow. Thank you for your offer. It helps me knowing that I have people that are there to help me. I will definitely be in touch when I get to that point in this journey.

welcome to BiggerPockets. Any questions problems or issues that you have don't hesitate to call email or text.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you