New member from Chico, California

7 Replies

Hi,

My name is Rich Astley and I moved to Chico August 2014 with my wife and two children from an island off the coast of Honduras.  Originally from the UK but was in Honduras for the last years.  I am a SCUBA instructor and a LASER show producer.  Real estate investing is new to me and I am looking to learn as much as possible.  My focus right now is on buy and hold rentals possibly some flips to get some extra cash for the deposits.  Seems like there is wealth of information here to read through - loving the pod and web casts.

Looking forward to being part of the community.

Cheers
Rich

Hi Rich,

Welcome! I am with a Blue Oak Property Management here in Chico and have personal experience with buy and holds and plenty of experience with management. Let me know if you have any questions about the market here in Chico, investment properties or anything else.

Chris

Sounds like you were on Roatan or Utila. I'm a big fan of both of those islands and started diving there.

I'm originally from Redding, CA but have moved away. I'm curious to know what you learn about the California market.

Good luck to you in your venture.

Thanks for the welcome.  There is a lot of research to be done before committing to anything.  We are in the process of selling the two houses we have in England and using the equity in that to purchase a family home for us to live in here in Chico.  Once settled we will start the investment in rental properties - well that is the plan anyway.

Yea Utila - we still run a dive resort over there and travel back and forth several times a year.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you