Investor from Missouri

8 Replies

Hello my name is Eric,  I am an investor from the Kansas City, Mo area.   I owned rental property about 10 years ago and didn't have the success I was hoping for.   I thought I would never get back in RE after the bad taste left from my experience.   Over the years and thru some self educating I am ready to go at it again.   I am looking for any advice,  help and info concerning wholesaling,  flipping and finding investors/money's to complete jobs.   I look forward to learning from you guys. 

@Eric Mintz tenants can ruin many real estate investors. I wish much more success for you in the future. I now use a property manager because I was too nice to tenants. You can learn a lot here plus network with many great people.

@Eric Mintz , welcome back to the game! Like you, I bought my first rental properties 8 years ago and they cash flowed, but just barely. Since then, I sold those and converted them into much better properties. My deals are now beginning to accelerate. My learning from the experience is to LEARN and FAIL FORWARD. (I highly recommend the book "Failing Forward" by John Maxwell.) 

What happened in the past doesn't matter; what matters is what you DO about it.

@Mark Alexander , I buy wholesale deals. Please shoot me an email and I'll send you my criteria.

Welcome Eric, best of luck in jumping back into the business. We invest heavily in KCMO and generally enjoy it. We live out of state and found the key to success is strong property management. Knowing the areas of town that you choose to invest in is key to meeting your expectations. All the best Eric and let me know if I can assist.

Regards,

Donnie Strybos

Potential Properties, LLC

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you