New to Real Estate Investing

4 Replies

Hi,

I'm new to the whole real estate investing area. I first started looking into investing after reading the book "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki and then came across the topic of real estate investing. The subject really sparked my interest but I have no idea where to start. Would like to eventually get some hands on experience in the area soon. Would appreciate it if someone can help me in that. My situation is similar to a college student. New to the experience and no money. 

Hi Angela,

Real estate investing is a good option to start with. Before starting, you should know REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust). REIT is a company that owns and operate income producing real estate. Many REITs are traded on many stock exchanges. Also, search for:

• Qualification for Companies to be a REIT
  • Types
  • How to Assess

Regards

Hi Angela, I probably won't be much help here, as I am in your exact situation. I am also interested in learning more about how to get started and it would be great to have someone to talk to who is also starting out, if you're interested. So far, it seems BiggerPockets is a great find and a great place to start.

Thank you Charles and Mark. I've been browsing around BP to try and learn more. This site is definitely full of information about real estate. 

@Merlina Rodas good to know that there's someone who's in the same situation as me. I also currently live out of the country, making it a bit more difficult to invest in the US. However, there are people here in BP that have reached out to me and are willing to help. Glad to be in the community.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you