Newbie in Missouri

5 Replies

I am an ex-executive at a failed financial services company that went down in '08 leaving me with a bunch of worthless stock and a lot of drive to start over.  I have  a willingness to work hard, to learn, and a desire to control my own destiny and my own time. 

Welcome to BP!  This is an amazing community where like minds can align to tackle just about anything in the business of real estate?  

Have you done any deals yet?

What type of deals are you interested in?

Start off with the podcasts and read the books recommended on the site, starting with the Ultimate Beginners Guide to Real Estate Investing in the Education tab. 

Best of luck your way! @Jason W Rauschelbach

Luke Teson

Welcome to BP! I second the recommendation to listen to the podcasts as well as reading through the guides and forums.  Let us know if you have any specific questions.

Welcome Jason, your business experience should serve you well. First thing to understand is that real estate is not a widget, difference between real and personal property. Begin by understanding real estate before applying tactics to deal in real estate. 

The O' Fallon area should be a good one! Good luck :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you