Newbie from Knoxville, TN

13 Replies

Hello, I'm full time in the medical field and starting to look for rentals, multiplex, and possibly learn to flip houses in the Knoxville, TN area. I currently have a nice condo I close on in 3 weeks as my first rental.

Hey I'm in the knoxville area, I own a rental off Lovell Road. Pretty new to bigger pockets, seems like a great resource so far. I'm a flipper at heart but I have never sold a rehab, I always hold them. I love the cash flow. 

Welcome,

Lots of great buy and hold resources here (both in forums, blogs, and even book recommendations...) As you start your landlord journey (if you will be managing), I have a short blog posts on the classics of landlord literature. I thought Scott Carson's BP blog  on 7 real estate must reads was a neat starter list, too (with comments below suggesting more ideas even).

Welcome Scott!  Just joined not too long ago.  I'm in Knoxville as well!  BP is an awesome site.  You'll find a ton of info to help you here.

@Scott Carr   - Welcome to investing and Bigger Pockets. I am a long time investor but just learning my way around on this site. There is a lot of information here.

The overall market in the Knoxville Metro area is very good and there many active investors who will be happy to help you learn. You can go to the KnoxREIA website and register for the emails. It is free and you will get a good overview of specific real estate investing information.

Happy Investing

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you