New in Louisiana

4 Replies

Hi Everyone!

My name is Steve, I am a long time lurker here and I am reaching the point where I want to jump into the action!

I am based in Lafayette, LA and initially want to start as a wholesaler to learn the art of finding/making deals, while building up a war chest, them moving into flipping and finally holding property for the rental income.

I have been studying the industry for a long time and feel that I can be successful here, although I do feel that perhaps I should move back to the larger market of Dallas, TX where I am originally from. Does anyone have any thoughts on working a smaller vs a larger market?

I hope to meet some of you in real life sometime, just by reading this forum I feel like I know some of you already!

Steve

Hello and welcome to BP @Stephen Nicholson !

I'm just getting back out of the woods where I spent some time with my son and his Boy Scout Troop for Winter Camp.  Great to see you here on BP and hopefully we'll meet around Lafayette.  If ever you run into any hurdles along the way, or just want to grab a coffee or lunch and talk strategy, feel free to reach out.  I'm glad to help when I can.

Thanks for the welcome! I have learned so much already by lurking on the forum, I look forward to being an active member of this community.

@Robert Leonard thank you for the offer! Meeting to discuss strategy over coffee would be great, I also intend to check out the meetup group.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you