new from so cal

3 Replies

hello everyone and what's up to my fellow cali investors. i'm new to the forum which by the way is awesome. the great thing about the forum is that everything is real time - not something that someone read and copied from someone else that read and copied from someone else. i'm looking to get into investing like i've wanted to do for awhile now. i read the post by nicegsxr and he's on the money for so cal. prices are extremely high right now. personally i'm from the inland empire (san bernardino and riverside). a great big thank you to everyone who takes the time to share your success and also your information.

Hey there SoCal! Thanks for getting involved here. The first post is usually the toughest. . . now, jump in. Ask the great people here anything your heart desires related to real estate. Otherwise, I hope you learn all you need to get yourself going.

Hey Geeco, welcome !! I also just found this awesome board recently and yes people are very helpful here. I guess there are quite a few of us Cali investors on this board, maybe the Admin can put a new subboard for us Cali people so we can somehow network our resources and idea on where to go from here.

Alot of the people from this board are in a totally different boat then we are atm in the market. I am still totally at lost on deciding where to invest my money or credit. Maybe us cali people should start sharing some ideas about where to invest and maybe even build potential partnerships. I hear about opportunities in Utah, Ohio, MI, IL, NY but the main problem I do see with this is I dont really know the area which would then kinda break my rule of investing (Dont invest in what you dont know). The only way for me is now research on the internet or call my relatives and friends that lives in those states but yet alot of times they dont live in the specific area which I think might be profitable. So again thats hard to guess if buying a certain property that looks good on paper but maybe in reality is a real dump or vice versa.

If anyone can share their insights and thoughts on this matter, please do and if the Admin can give us an area to do this it be really great.

Places that people claims to be good but I dont think so: NV and AZ are the two most talked about states here in Cali, but the truth to that matter is I think the reason their prices went up is from people in Cali after getting rid of their properties and using NV and AZ to escape from taxes. So pretty much now its the end of the rope there, and the hype people are still talking about basically they are just stuck holding the bucket.

wazzup nice. thanks for the welcome. the areas you mention for potentially investing are some of the same areas i've notice for good opps. texas also looks good. the only question is with so many people losing their jobs with the automakers in MI and OH, how strong is the alternative job market in those areas?? i read last week that NOD's are beginning to rise out here and also in vegas so i guess we'll have to hold on and see what nuggets we can find.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you