Hello from Orlando, FL

Hello from Orlando, FL

Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 127 posts · 39 votes

Hi all,

I am a new BP member from Orlando, FL. I am learning as much as I can through BP and purchase my first "house hack" expected Oct. 2016. I am interested in residential homes, I plan to start with single family but have my eye on duplex, triplex, apartments, and debating section 8. I have recently begun analyzing deals and am working on perfecting an excel tool.

My goal is to become a full time investor or own a business supporting real estate investors in the area (leaning toward property management). I also have a strong passion to help provide and build up safer, higher quality homes in the local low-income/high crime areas.

I would love to MEET other investors (aspiring or experienced) to talk about plans, strategies, and just share some info and hang out!

Also, looking for mentor and/or part-time work (15/hr month) working in RE (realty or property mgt.) office to gain some experience and make extra money/increase my down payment next year! 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

-Michelle

3Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

New to Real Estate · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2015 · 177 posts · 69 votes
10y

@Michelle Elsaid 

Welcome to BigggerPockets! Below are some links to get you started. Much success to you!

I received this info from @Nathan Sharp when I first started.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/11/02/hack-housing-get-paid-live-free/ (House hacking)

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2014/03/13/investing-multifamily-ben-leybovich/ (Podcast 061 - How to succeed in multifamily investing)

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/04/09/how-to-buy-a-small-multifamily-property/ (How to buy a small multifamily property)

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2015/11/16/how-to-choose-areas-multifamily-deals/ (Choosing multi-family deals)

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2014/07/19/how-to-buy-a-duplex/(guide to buying a duplex)

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/12/12/bp-podcast-048-duplex-managing-tenants-darren-sager/ (Duplex investing)

Now that you have made the move, below are some links that will help with the navigation of the site.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/courses/a-beginners-introduction-to-real-estate-investing (video courses)

https://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing (Ultimate beginner's guide to REI)

Before your 1st purchase, please ensure you visit the below link for some tips.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2014/12/19/real-estate-investing-success-smart-tips/

REI books suggested by BPers

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2015/11/13/7-real-estate-books-beginner-investors/ (7 absolute must read books for beginner REIs)

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/04/14/best-real-estate-books/?utm_source=search&utm_medium=internal&utm_campaign=books (books recommended by BPers)

Simply, expand knowledge in such as, Forums, Marketplace, Learn, Network, Analyze and Resources.

Feast on the BP Podcasts, #askbp Podcasts, BP blogs and BP webinars.

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.