Wholesaler from Houston

11 Replies

Hello everyone! I am fairly new to real estate investing. I was recently laid off from a marketing communications job that I did for 25 years in oil & gas and now I'm trying real estate investing full-time in the Houston and surrounding areas.

I am anxious to get started and look forward to meeting and learning from other real estate professionals like yourselves. My interests starting out are wholesaling and flipping. 

Cheers for now!

Debbie

Debbie,

Welcome to BP!! This is a great place to start and continually build your business and knowledge in the investing world. I work in Houston as well. I would be interested in setting something up so we can do some business together. 

Hey @Debbie Kilen ,

Welcome to BP!

Your story caught my eye because I am a student about to receive my degree in marketing and communications. I came here because I figured Real Estate could act as another area of passive income to help me financially. 

Anyways, I wish the best of luck to you, and I look forward to interacting with you on the forums!

Take care,

-Kyle

Welcome to BP!  Think about getting your RE license so you can buy or list properties.  As you generate leads, only about 1 in 20 will be a true cash offer opportunity.  As many as 8 of those 20 will be great listing opportunities.

Also learn to do several types of strategies such as lease options and Subject To purchases.  This will give you a full suite of solutions to offer a motivated seller.  Try to turn every lead into money.  That may be with wholesaling (cash purchase), but sometimes there are better solutions for the homeowner.  When you have multiple solutions, not only can you make more money, but you become more consultative - offering solutions and recommendations rather than just a simple cash offer.

@Debbie Kilen

We are super excited to have you apart of the BP family now! I am fellow Houstonian as well! I understand woes of oil and gas as well. I came to Houston looking work them the dream market...then BAM! It tanks! 

Initially I began my investing career looking into fix and flips, then shifted my attention to the Notes side of the business. I found that area to be an excellent opportunity to create passive income and strong capital gains.

Looking forward to connecting with you, who knows maybe even do a deal together!

Welcome to BP, Debbie!  Due to the difficulty of finding deals and high property taxes in my area (Chicago suburbs) I've been doing some hunting down there as well.  If you, or anyone in your network, find anything that would make for a good buy-and-hold opportunity let me know and we can work out a deal.  Best of luck in this new venture!

Regards,

Michael Rigoni

Welcome Debbie! My husband and I are also investors with a rental portfolio and active with fix/flip properties in the Houston area.  After 15 years in finance, we started getting more active with our investments and decided that it would be beneficial for me to get licensed.  

I'm now licensed and with a solid background in finance and investing, have a lot to offer investors looking to build a long term relationship with an agent.  I'd be happy to help you get started.  Best of luck in your new path!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you