NEWBIE from Hudson, Massachusetts

6 Replies

Good afternoon BP!

My name is Jim Mullane, I'm 27 years old, and have worked in software sales over the past 3 years. A few months ago, I stumbled across the BP podcast, and I've been an avid listener ever since. 

Although I have no direct RE experience, I spent 6 summers (ages 13-18) working with a GC family friend. We handled everything from clearing lots, framework, slate roofs, to finished titles and hardwood flooring.

Right now, my fiance and I are looking for an owner-occupied duplex as our first investment. My goal with BP is to learn as much as possible from a group of like-minded individuals, specifically through local meet-up groups (I'm about 35 mins from Boston).

I look forward to connecting with the community and contributing to you guys in any way possible!

Many Thanks,

Jim

@Jim Mullane

Welcome!!

I am also live in Hudson, MA and invest in multi-families. I would be happy to help or even meet for coffee one day. The big thing is it depends where you want to live/invest. I am sure you are aware the closer to Boston you get the more expensive it is. There are a few multis on the market in the Hudson/Marlborough area. Personally I invest in Worcester because the pricing is better for me.

Mike

@Jim Mullane .  Welcome.  I am in Leominster but Hudson is within the reach of the territory that I keep an eye on.  I am pretty new at this also, and not particularly familiar with the Hudson market, but will let you know if I hear of/see anything within what you have described.  Take care in the meantime.

Janie 

@Jim Mullane - I was just chatting with a friend today about Hudson! I'm just up the road in Harvard. I like Hudson a lot, I think it has good long term potential. Haven't found much there yet (just poking at MLS so far) worth pursuing but I'm sure there are opportunities.

Hi Jim, 

Living in my first multi investment property was the best decision I ever made. It allowed me to save ALL of my income from my W-2 and reinvest very quickly. You have the right idea to start. It also takes away the stress of the mortgage payment because you're tenant will pay it if you buy right! Good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you