General Contractor/New Investor

4 Replies

Hello BiggerPockets Community, I am a New Jersey Shore Home Builder and would like to start investing in real estate. I am looking to network with other local investors that have experience in my area rehabbing and flipping or building new and flipping. I am all about relationships and learning from others. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

@Christopher Cowan Welcome to Bigger Pockets. Always great meeting another investor from NJ. I would look around all that BP has to offer. Keep asking questions of the community people will share there experience and expertise. Also I would look to join some of the local REI in the area. There is one that is run right in Manahawkin. Happy Investing.

@David Semer , thanks for reaching out. I have been building houses for land owners at the jersey shore since hurricane sandy. Im now looking to get into real estate investing. My goal is to network with some financial partners that are interested in purchasing either vacant lots or lots with a structure to demo and then build new. If you have any suggestions on finding financial partners I'd be very interested. Thanks for the help! 

Hi Christopher,

Welcome! Iʻd love to know more about your company! Name? 

I have two properties currently being rehabbed in Union Beach and in Manasquan. VALUE ADD: The Union Beach property is being raised and a second story is being built on the first. The Manasquan property is being raised high enough to put another story and a garage under it. 

I am a real estate agent with Keller Williams in Westfield NJ but I got my start on the Jersey Shore. My family owns a house raising and house moving company that has been in the business for over 40+ years. I became a real estate agent for the sole purpose to find deals for my family. If you find homes with a need to be raised and you need a partner... please message me... or call/email me. My info is on my bio. 

Have a great night and welcome to Bigger Pockets. You have come to a great place!

-Pili

@David Semer , thanks for reaching out. My two goals from BP network with rehabbers in my area who maybe in need of a GC and to network with some financial partners that are interested in purchasing either vacant lots or lots with a structure to demo and then build new. If you have any suggestions on finding financial partners I'd be very interested. Thanks for taking the time to reach our and post. I look forward to what BP has to offer!  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you