Project Manager

2 Replies

Hello!

I'm currently a project manager for a privately funded real estate investment company. We do both ground-up construction as well as multi-family rehab. I've been the rehab department head for the past 2 years and have remodeled more than 20 buildings totaling more than 350 units. I'm looking to apply what I know to sinething that benefits me as opposed to my boss!

@Alex Calderon sorry to see you didn't get much of a welcoming here - I'd say welcome to the site - but looks like you been here longer than me.

How did everything fare for you? Have you gotten the answer you were looking for? How to apply your skills to something for yourself, rather than your boss? Were you looking to invest in Real Estate on your own?

Seems to me, you would have a good start, being in a larger company to do Real Estate work in. I would assume they keep a lid on things so employees can't spin off their own companies to compete with them. If so, that's a shame in many ways.

Doesn't give much upward mobility to the employee and they could be missing out a lot cause if the company isn't willing to give, neither would the employees, (be willing to give!) In any event, hope you have found a great deal here to help you in your quest.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you