New member from Houston, TX

10 Replies

Hello Everyone!

I am a 26 year old Houston Firefighter that will be starting my real estate investment career in July with my first home purchase! The goal is to have 10 rental properties by the age of 40. Obviously I want as many properties as possible but I want a solid goal I can shoot for at the start! My proposed strategy is to buy as owner occupant, live in required time, rent it out, then repeat. Looking forward to building relationships and taking any and all advice! 

Thanks again!!

Chase McEntee

@Chase McEntee

Hello good sir!!

We are super excited to have you apart of the BP family now! I am a fellow HOUSTONIAN!!

Initially I began my investing career looking into fix and flips, then shifted my attention to the Notes side of the business. I found that area to be an excellent opportunity to create passive income and strong capital gains.
Looking forward to connecting with you, who knows maybe even do a deal together!

Welcome aboard Chase! I'm a Lieutenant Firefighter from the Tacoma Wa area. It's great to have another fellow brother join the community! 

There's a wealth of free info on the site you should really take advantage of and definitely go to a BP Meetup if they have one in your area. The meetups are incredible!

Take care and good fortune to you!

Matt

@Chase McEntee

Welcome!  I am also a FF and love RE.  It works great with our career.  Why are you waiting until July for your first home purchase?  Spend lots of time on BP and listening to podcasts.  Lots of great people and information here. 

Best of luck

Originally posted by @Jeff Hamel :

@Chase McEntee

Welcome!  I am also a FF and love RE.  It works great with our career.  Why are you waiting until July for your first home purchase?  Spend lots of time on BP and listening to podcasts.  Lots of great people and information here. 

Best of luck

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!! Good to hear there are other firefighters in the BP community. Jeff I am waiting until July for a purchase from my parents. They are going to be selling me one of their rental homes and June is when the current tenants move out. Just to talk numbers and to ask for input, My parents are selling me the home for basically what they owe on it and I will be throwing an extra 12k on top as a thank you. Sell price will be 80k, appraised value is 122k, and it is currently renting for $1350. First of all I think it is a stellar deal, second it fits a lot of my criteria that I will be looking for in rentals( 4b/2b, across street from elementary, etc.) Planning on getting an owner/occupant mortgage and living there for the required time then purchase another, repeat. Any input in this strategy?

Thanks  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you