New Member from Pasadena!

6 Replies

Hello All, 

My name is Brian and I'm new to Bigger Pockets. Have been listening to the podcasts for a few weeks, almost non-stop, and am finally venturing onto the forum. Recently quit my job to invest full time. Finished my first flip, which was a total nightmare, but its done. Made some money, mind you not as much as I would have liked, but took away a ton of lessons. 

Just started a new project this past Monday and have another home pending around the corner. 

Looking forward to learning from the community and connecting with those in the area to collaborate and gain knowledge from one another. 

Thank you and looking forward to the journey. 

Hi Brian and welcome! Congrats on your first flip. I'm an investor in Pasadena as well. I look forward to hearing how things go for you. Let me know if I might be of any help.

Hi Brian,

Welcome to BP, this is a great website and resource for all types of real estate investing.

Good job on the first flip, a lot of us, lose money on the first one. So if you made some money on the first one that is not as bad as others.

I always recommend these 3 things to people beginning in Real Estate Investing:

1) Do a lot of research here

2) Do not spend a lot of money with coaches, it would be much better to put that money to work and learn from experience, I'm not against coaches or education, but you need to be careful as there are some that are really bad

3) There are many real estate clubs out there, visit them, select your favorites and meet other investors working your area. You can find info on clubs here and also you can look at meetup.com. There is a FIBI in Pasadena that is good and Bill Tan has a club in Arcadia that is also good. Networking is key to success.

Cheers! see you around...

Hi Brian,  

I am an investor from Pasadena as well.  However, right now I buy out of state.  Congrats of taking such a big step in finishing your first flip and making the commitment to do real estate full time.  

The local meetings in Pasadena and Arcadia are great both in terms of learning and the opportunity to meet people in all aspects of the real estate investment world.  

Also, as others have said BP is fantastic!  

Michelle 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you