Wholesaler from Pennsylvania

10 Replies

Hey! My name is Nicodemus Pikras from Pittsburgh, PA and I have transitioned from zero knowledge/experience in real estate to actually generating multiple deals within 6 months. Wholesaling is my current position in the real estate market, although I still keep my ears open, as any knowledge from professionals in the game I appreciate.  Throughout this year and the next, I will be working on building rapport with contractors and incorporating rehabbing into my current business. I plan for HQ to remain in PA for now, but in the future I desire to expand to a national level and meet great investors with great experience to build relationships with and expand!

Originally posted by @Alfred Mainja :

Congrats on your success @Nicodemus Pikras what would you say have been your biggest challenges to date in your wholesaling business, new investor here eager to start but stuck in info paralysis

Well.. personally, for me it was self educating. Simply because of the fact that all the seminars and books go over general strategies and ideas.. but they don't go as far in explaining as they should. For example, understanding the specific things you are and aren't aloud to do as a wholesaler.. you have to be very careful when marketing your properties to the general public. Wholesaler's can't ever list the property or advertise it like they own it and are trying to sell it.. because they don't own it.. only the rights to own it. But, as every forum and article you read, you'll see "success doesn't come overnight". Expecting to understand all things real estate from this forum isn't realistic. It is what you put in that you'll get out of it. So networking.. attending a couple seminars. Joining REIA and ACRE (two easy to join real estate education/networking clubs) is beneficial. And taking notes on videos you watch of professionals. Everything adds up in the end... and if you want it.. if you desire success to the maximum extent, you will receive it. Your thoughts yield your reality.. so what your mind is thinking about everyday (success) will physically manifest your reality.

Originally posted by @Nicodemus Pikras:
Originally posted by @Alfred Mainja:

Congrats on your success @Nicodemus Pikras what would you say have been your biggest challenges to date in your wholesaling business, new investor here eager to start but stuck in info paralysis

Well.. personally, for me it was self educating. Simply because of the fact that all the seminars and books go over general strategies and ideas.. but they don't go as far in explaining as they should. For example, understanding the specific things you are and aren't aloud to do as a wholesaler.. you have to be very careful when marketing your properties to the general public. Wholesaler's can't ever list the property or advertise it like they own it and are trying to sell it.. because they don't own it.. only the rights to own it. But, as every forum and article you read, you'll see "success doesn't come overnight". Expecting to understand all things real estate from this forum isn't realistic. It is what you put in that you'll get out of it. So networking.. attending a couple seminars. Joining REIA and ACRE (two easy to join real estate education/networking clubs) is beneficial. And taking notes on videos you watch of professionals. Everything adds up in the end... and if you want it.. if you desire success to the maximum extent, you will receive it. Your thoughts yield your reality.. so what your mind is thinking about everyday (success) will physically manifest your reality.

So in short, do not focus on HOW you will exactly achieve financial freedom.. because I'm right there on the path with you my man. Focus on the WHAT (the passion). Focus on what it is you want out of it, and why.. and that passion will drive you so far and the HOW will almost subconsciously unfold at your fingertips.

Originally posted by @Nicodemus Pikras :

Hey! My name is Nicodemus Pikras from Pittsburgh, PA and I have transitioned from zero knowledge/experience in real estate to actually generating multiple deals within 6 months. Wholesaling is my current position in the real estate market, although I still keep my ears open, as any knowledge from professionals in the game I appreciate.  Throughout this year and the next, I will be working on building rapport with contractors and incorporating rehabbing into my current business. I plan for HQ to remain in PA for now, but in the future I desire to expand to a national Vvvvv level and meet great investors with great experience to build relationships with and expand!

Hello and welcome!  I do not have any recent experience but I wanted to say hello to you and welcome to BP.  I am 59 years old and found BP about 4 months ago and I am still learning.  I had a brain annurism and a stroke and I am slowly recovering.  I still can't walk but I am using a lot of my time with education.  I graduated from college with a business degree that emphasized real estate.  I got that degree and a broker license in 1980.  Regardless of that degree I stayed in the construction business.  I have been in the construction business since I was 17.  I have some good info that I hope will come I handy.  If you think that I could help you I any way please contact me at any time.  Good luck!

Hi Nicodemus I'm vernice Taylor and I read your email and I'm happy to hear about your success in wholesaling .I'm just starting and is looking for a relationship or partner in business .some one who has great experience in investing that can lead me on and expand .

Hi @Nicodemus Pikras

It sounds like you are getting off to a good start but you do have one thing wrong and it troubles me a bit. "Wholesaler's can't ever list the property or advertise it like they own it and are trying to sell it.. because they don't own it.." You sure can advertise wholesale property as an owner, because once you have it under contract then you have an equitable interest in the property, that interest allows you to advertise as an owner. I have 13 Pittsburgh area RE lawyers who can back this up. The trick in PA is that we dont assign contracts, we release our rights to a contract and get paid on the HUD 1 as a release fee. It works like releasing an lein.

to your success

Josh Caldwell

President Pittsburgh REIA.

Thanks for the wise words @Nicodemus Pikras , and I agree with your sentiments on self education and answering the WHY question, I strongly believe that we can all think our way to financial freedom. Cant wait enough to share my first of many success stories here soon. and who knows maybe a deal or two together! All the best in your continued success man

Originally posted by @Nicodemus Pikras :

Hey! My name is Nicodemus Pikras from Pittsburgh, PA and I have transitioned from zero knowledge/experience in real estate to actually generating multiple deals within 6 months. Wholesaling is my current position in the real estate market, although I still keep my ears open, as any knowledge from professionals in the game I appreciate.  Throughout this year and the next, I will be working on building rapport with contractors and incorporating rehabbing into my current business. I plan for HQ to remain in PA for now, but in the future I desire to expand to a national level and meet great investors with great experience to build relationships with and expand!

First off, I would like to say congratulations to you and your newfound success in wholesale real estate. As a newbie myself, I would like to know how did you get started in the business? How did you start generating leads, and building your buyers list? I am starting where you was, zero knowledge. Thanks in advance 

@Nicodemus Pikras

Welcome aboard the vibrant BP community. You already have some experience and with additional effort, will quickly climb the REI ladder to its pinnacle.

To be more successful, you simply have to work on the other elements to progress your REI pursuit. Below are some quick links to get engaged on this site.

REI books suggested by BPers

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/04/14/best-real-estate-books/?utm_source=search&utm_medium=internal&utm_campaign=books

Simply, bone up on the areas that you need to expand knowledge in such as, Forums, Marketplace, Learn, Network, Analyze and Resources.

Feast on the Podcasts, #askbp Podcasts, blogs and webinars

Lastly, this site thrives on interactions and as such we encourage two way exchanges and look forward to educational and thought provoking ideas relevant to REI.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you