New Member from SoCal Peninsula ;)

9 Replies

I have just found this site, and am reading the posts that come in under my keywords right now. I also see the educational courses, and have started to listen to those... I'm on Module 2. There is a wonderful wealth of information here!

All sounds like this will be a helpful site for me to learn a lot of what I am going to need to know to feel confident in my pursuit of becoming an investor. 

I look forward to meeting people here on BP and starting my way towards a more positive future ;)

Lynette

For someone that lives in the South Bay... What was the toughest obstacle you overcame to pursue an investing, or Real Estate career?

As a newbie, my biggest concern is networking... I know some people in this profession, but I don't want to inundate them with my questions.

Originally posted by @Account Closed :

Hi   @Lynette C.

Welcome to BiggerPockets!  

I agree with you, "There is a wonderful wealth of information here!"

I feel as though I have found a treasure chest. Everyday it seems that I discover another precious jewel. I wish you happiness and success with your future investments. 

Have Fun!!!

Thank you for the warm welcome

@Rubelyn P

I appreciate the enthusiasm :)

Hi Lynette,

Welcome to BiggerPockets! I am new here myself (approx. a week now).  If you haven't yet, I highly recommend the podcast. I must have poured through about 20 episodes when I first found it and finally ended up joining the site. Good luck with everything!

Tony

Originally posted by @Jordan Thibodeau :

@Lynette C. Welcome to BP! I would read as many articles as possible (shameless plug), listen to the podcasts, and post.

"If you are seeking a mentor you will commit yourself to reading enough basic information about a topic (Buy & Hold, Flipping, and etc), so you can ask pointed questions to real estate professionals"

Thank you

@Jordan Thibodeau (how do i add a name with the @symbol?) "@jordan Thibodeau" ?

I read your "shameless plug" and am trying to do exactly that, obtain enough basic knowledge (especially specific terms used in investing) before jumping into ask a mentor for additional help with unanswered questions. I'm finding that quite a few of the questions I have, are answered here on BP.

I think my hardest stepping stone will be networking, as I'm somewhat shy about new people and situations. I do have knowledge and "knacks" of my own to give back to a mentor, and when I am comfortable I am a "go getter!"

Thank you again for the post, I appreciated your time in responding to my intro.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you