New Member from California

8 Replies

Looking to start moving into long term real estate investing and opened to primer points, advice on target rental markets, and how to manage properties locally and remotely. General experience is fairly solid (bought and sold 3 primary residence properties, including a short sale) but would like to get very serious in long-term rental properties both local in Southern California but elsewhere as well.

Hey @Wesley North  thanks for jumping in and introducing yourself! Looks like you have some good experience with real estate! Don't be afraid to jump in and help answer questions or ask some of your own.

Have you setup your "Keyword Alerts" yet? If not - definitely add some. I'd recommend adding "Santa Monica" so you'll be notified when people talk about your local area.

Welcome Wesley!

Welcome Wesley! 

I'm in the LA area. There are some really great articles & videos on this site & definetly what Brandon said about keywords. Super helpful!!

Thanks all, appreciate the feedback. I've been doing some investigatory work on our current market and with the recent Fed rate increase and future plans, what the overall implications may mean for investment plans. This may be a good topic for one of the forums, or perhaps it is already there and I just need to find it. ;-)

I'd like to say 2016 will be our first step into investment activity but I think that will depend on timing, market analysis, and deal availability. Either way I am excited to begin, just need to maintain some temperance - hahaha

@Wesley North

We are super excited to have you apart of the BP family now!

Initially I began my investing career looking into fix and flips, then shifted my attention to the Notes side of the business. I found that area to be an excellent opportunity to create passive income and strong capital gains.

Looking forward to connecting with you, who knows maybe even do a deal together!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you