New member in Los Angeles here. I'm a real estate agent and investor. I work the greater LA area and also Palm Springs.
I'm originally from Missoula, MT where I have a duplex. I also have a vacation rental in Palm Springs. I'm currently looking to acquire more properties in Palm Springs.
I look forward to networking and meeting other like minded investors!
Welcome Eric! I am an agent and Property manager in the Inland Empire. I hope to start investing in my own rentals in the area soon. What is it that you like about the Palm Springs area?
Hi Eric! I have the same question about Palm Springs. LA is too expensive for me generally, but I'm trying to learn more about surrounding areas.
Welcome @Eric Dowling . You'll find people on here friendly and helpful, don't be afraid to ask and answer questions. If someone is reading all of my posts, I probably sound like a broken record, but I really enjoy the podcasts. I would recommend them for your drives back and forth to Palm Springs. Really good stuff there.
I would love to connect with you. I'm a Realtor here in the valley. My goal is to get into investing & would love to hear how you crossed the line into investing.
Welcome to BP, this is a great website and resource for all types of real estate investing.
I always recommend these 3 things to people beginning in Real Estate Investing:
1) Do a lot of research here
2) Do not spend a lot of money with coaches, it would be much better to put that money to work and learn from experience, I'm not against coaches or education, but you need to be careful as there are some that are really bad
3) There are many real estate clubs out there, visit them, select your favorites and meet other investors working your area. You can find info on clubs here and also you can look at meetup.com. Networking is key to success.
Cheers! see you around...
@Anthony Bautista , @Vanessa Vandervalk I kinda accidentally stumbled upon the Palm Springs area when my parents turned into snow birds and started "visiting" us, but going to Palm Springs to golf. It almost like it was in the good ol' days, with people from LA traveling there year round for weekend getaways, and snow birds flocking down in the winter for longer stays.
I have only done vacation rentals there, and the returns and cash flow has been more than I could have projected, so I'm a big fan and am always pointing people there. If you are interested in investing there I'd be happy to share more detailed numbers.
@David Tipton thanks for the advice, I'll check out the pod casts as I'm always in need of something to listen to on my way back and forth!
You won't regret it, good stuff.
Eric - Welcome. My wife and I have a condo for sale in the Waverly Park development near Gene Autry and Highway 111. If you are interested please call me at (760)250-6722. Thanks and good luck.
Welcome! Are you open to a shopping center in Desert Hot Springs? -Lina
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you