Realtor/Investor from Pennsylvania

8 Replies

Hi all! My name is Alayne. I've been a realtor with a top team in Berks County for 3 years, serving both Berks and Lancaster counties. I bought my first house in West Reading, PA back in 2009 at the age of 23. I dabbled as a landlord, renting rooms out to various people, even renting out my own room. In May of 2014 I became a legit landlord, moving to Lititz, Pa and renting out my home. In May of 2015 I bought by second rental with a business partner (hi, Mom). 

My goals for 2016 are to do my first flip (if I can get past this analysis paralysis) and acquire another rental. The end goal is to have enough of a portfolio that I can retire and live comfortably off of the cash flow by the age of 55. 

I stumbled upon the BP podcast (it's become an obsession), which brought me here. I'm hoping to absorb as much info as I can and to make some local connections.

Welcome to BP.....You found the best place for content and networking. The Podcasts are certainly fantastic. You probably will find yourself listening multiple times because there are many nuggets to absorb.

Welcome Alayne! It is great to find someone investing the area. I also suffer from the same disease (paralysis by analysis). A month ago I decided I would just go for it and put offers in on a few REOs in the Muhlenberg area. I told myself if I lose a few thousand I will gain some lessons from it. I am currently working on my MBA and the way I see it; I spend much more on one class than I would lose in the property. 

Hello Alayne,

My name is Olivia and I just recently stumbled upon this site. My hopes are to meet people like yourself to pick your brain and absorb as much information as possible and build connections. 

I am new to real-estate but have long had a passion and interest for it. Ideally, I would like to obtain enough knowledge and resources to possibly flip two houses.

If you are at all interested in being a mentor for a beginner like myself please let me know.  By the way, I am located in the Lansdowne PA area.

Olivia

Hey Alayne, 

Welcome to BP, it has been a huge part of my getting involved in real estate and continues to be as I am working on my first flip in Ephrata PA.

Wish you the best with your goals and if there is anything I could do to help please ask.

Happy New Years everyone!

Jesse 

Welcome to BP @Alayne Galley ... my son is currently finishing-up his master's in Millersville and is pursuing a job in law enforcement in Lancaster, so I'm interested in knowing others from the area with whom I might connect him should he end-up planting roots there.

Best of luck to you!

Hello there I'm also a newbie to REI and not to far from Lancaster I reside in Oxford Pa . Doing a lot of reading on wholesaling first but afraid to go out and screw up . Be awesome if BP had a mentor program .

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you