New Member From North Jersey

2 Replies

Hi Everyone,

Looking to get more involved in my community here and I know this is the best place to start.  I look forward to learning from everyone!

I will be turning 30 soon and this summer I hope to have a duplex.  House hack, and then roll out of it into another unit as quickly as possible.

I'm not completely new to real estate, I work for CoStar, Loopnet (and now apartments.com) so I am familiar with much of the terminology.

My first deal I am also looking to rehab the duplex that I would be moving into, so I know it's going to take one more layer of analysis and a little more risk/reward, but I am confident with all the experience on here I will do great.  I have read through many of the starter forums and some duplex reads.  

I think one thing I will have to look at is financing with a HomeStyle loan, I am not sure if I want to do FHA because I hope to be on to the next project in less than a year.

Welcome Steven! Although you have a ton of experience so really I should be saying "wohoo! We got Steven everybody!"

Thats awesome that you work for CoStar, Loopnet, and apartments.com. How did you come to work for all these companies? What are your responsibilities there? Thats super interesting.

Hope you find everything you need!

Hi @Steven Phillips

Welcome to BP!

Some great ideas and the Essex/Union County Areas fit FHA Multi Family Owner Occupied Purchasing very appealing. I would suggest looking at close to the trains as possible since your rent and units will be most appealing.

Let me know if I can assist and much success.

Regards,

Joe Scorese

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you