• Engineer
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Environmental Project Manager in Florida

Matthew Miller
  • Engineer
  • Tampa, FL
Posted Jan 3 2016, 07:56

Good morning BP!  I've been in the environmental field in Florida for the past decade, helping land development clients through the myriad of wetland and listed wildlife species regulations and permitting.  My experience has ranged from relocating gopher tortoises for clients building a single family residential home on a lot to entitling and permitting an 1,100 acres wetland mitigation site for 3,000+ acre mixed use, master planned community.  In Florida, environmental issues typically can range from Bald Eagle nests, wetlands, gopher tortoises and permitting through local governments, Water Management Districts, Department of Environmental Protection or Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.  I'm interested in helping BP readers learn more about the environmental aspects of projects through posting about the experiences I've had. 

In addition to the experience I'm looking to share on the forum, I'm also planning on personally investing in rental property here in Florida in the next few years.  I've been listening to the podcast for the past year + and have long been intrigued by investing in college town rentals.  Podcast Episode 140 on student housing was really informative on how to be involved in that niche.

Thanks and I look forward to connecting on BP in 2016!

Matt Miller

Loading replies...