New Investor from Oklahoma

6 Replies

Hey Bigger Pockets community I am a new investor from Oklahoma.

I have been in the education industry for ten years and am currently a high school administrator.  I enjoy my career, but am looking for a passive income stream to build wealth and provide me with further options. I currently have two single family rentals.  One was acquired before the housing bubble in 06 when anybody could get financed and the other rental is my old primary residence.     I have been listening to a lot of audio books and podcast for the past few months, but still know I have so much to learn. My goal is to acquire four new rentals in 2016.   I am debating between single family or multi-family.   

I would appreciate some recommendations on the best books, podcast, blogs to really get started.  Even though I have two rentals I don't feel like I have the knowledge or skill to pull the trigger to accomplish my 2016 goals.  

welcome aboard my wife and i are former educators as well.  Lots of deals around in okc if you keep an eye out.

Welcome @Sabrina Shaw ! Just thought I'd let you know there is a small group of us BP members in the area that are meeting Tuesday (the 5th) at Buffalo Wild Wings in Broken Arrow at 7pm. My wife and I are from Okmulgee, there is a couple from Sapulpa, a couple from Coweta and I think we're supposed to have a couple new ones this time. We meet once a month. Hope to see you there!  

Thank you @Rubelyn P. @Jared Smith and @Rhett Tullis for the warm welcome.

@Steven Thomas thank you for the invite I would like the opportunity to meet with other BP members.   I am unavailable Tuesday evening due to my job.   Are the meetups the first Tuesday  of every month? 

Welcome, Sabrina! I'm new too.

@Steven Thomas, I would also love to come to the meetings. I probably won't be able to make it this month, but it's great to know there is a group in the area! I'm in BA.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you