Realtor/Investor from Grapevine, Texas

4 Replies

I'm a licensed Realtor with Keller Williams Southlake, and a member of the Houghton Squires Group. I've had a long time focus on helping distressed property owners, which results in generating listings with excellent investor potential. I'd like to learn more about wholesaling properties, and I'm always looking for great renovation prospects for myself and my investor clients. I typically have at least one active renovation project in process at any given time, and would like to step it up in 2016 to 2 or more. I also partner with investors in renovations.

Feel free to contact me with inquiries, tips, or just to say hi!

Hello Brenda, 

I would consult with your broker at KW about your wanting to wholesale because not all real estate offices allow it because of the idea that you are not representing the client/seller to obtain the highest and best offer.   This happened to an investor client of mine in Houston.  

Thanks Kelly, I agree. The representation has to be crystal clear (none) and additional documentation needs to be drawn up to document understanding by all parties. Our broker recently brought in the company attorney who reviewed two case studies of realtor flips with the office - one where the realtor took extra steps with documentation, and one where the realtor did not. Guess which one worked out better in the end!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you