New from Fredericksburg, VA

11 Replies

I am just starting out in the real estate industry.  I have been married for 26 years and have 3 grown and productive children (that was my toughest job).  I worked in Washington, DC for 20 years and had a small business for 15 years. I am excited and scared at the same time to be starting something new.  I am in the process of creating a property management company, and I hope to buy and manage these homes.  I am having a tough time with the name but I am finally down to three possibilities.  I have been drafting my systems and processes and hope to be up and running very soon.  I needed a place to network and meet like minded individuals and I met a gentleman at a seminar who told me about this site.  It is a funny story how I met him but I offered him a kindness and he responded with this site.  It just goes to show that when you share a kindness towards others, strangers included, you reap rewards!

Welcome Brenda.

It doesn't sound like you're a licensee in Virginia. I wanted to make sure you're aware that you need your brokers license to do property management for others. You can manage your own property without it, but you can't sell a management service.

Originally posted by @James Wise :

@Brenda P. Welcome to BP!

What are the 3 name possibilities? Maybe the community can help you narrow it down.

The 3 name possibilities are BBP Home Solutions, BB Home Solutions and BB Home Solutions Now.  The BBP and BB are my initials.  

Originally posted by @Eddy Dumire :

Welcome Brenda.

It doesn't sound like you're a licensee in Virginia. I wanted to make sure you're aware that you need your brokers license to do property management for others. You can manage your own property without it, but you can't sell a management service.

Hi Eddy, no it is just to manage my own properties.  I have a Contractor's A license for the business I had and I intend to keep it as it may come in handy.

What are the 3 name possibilities? Maybe the community can help you narrow it down.

I am very slow on this site.  I haven't figured out a few things, like do I respond to your responses using "quote" or the "reply" at the bottom of the page.  It looks like "quote" worked though.

Originally posted by @Eddy Dumire :

@Brenda P. have you been to the Rappahannock REIA meetings? They meet on the first Monday of each month generally. You can find them on meetup.com. Let me know if you need any help.

Thank you Eddy!  I just started this and I have a lot to do.  I have on my list of to do's to try and find one to attend so thank you for letting me know.  

Originally posted by @Brenda P. :
Originally posted by @James Wise:

I am very slow on this site.  I haven't figured out a few things, like do I respond to your responses using "quote" or the "reply" at the bottom of the page.  It looks like "quote" worked though.

Either or is fine.

Also I prefer "BB Home Solutions"

Originally posted by @Brenda P.:
Originally posted by @James Wise:

Either or is fine.

Also I prefer "BB Home Solutions"

Thanks, I was leaning towards that because BP was already being used not too far from me.

Hi, @Brenda P. , and welcome to the site. The local REI group was held last night, as @Eddy Dumire mentioned.  They've got a business consultant/motivational speaker coming next month, so you'll want to be in the mix if you can.  Check meetup.com for the particulars.  As for the name, no preference from me... What's in a name, after all??  ;)

I'm in the area, so let me know if you need anything. Drop me a private message and let me know what you are looking for, and I'll keep my eyes open for you...

Originally posted by @Donald Capwell :

Hi, @Brenda P., and welcome to the site. The local REI group was held last night, as @Eddy Dumire mentioned.  They've got a business consultant/motivational speaker coming next month, so you'll want to be in the mix if you can.  Check meetup.com for the particulars.  As for the name, no preference from me... What's in a name, after all??  ;)

I'm in the area, so let me know if you need anything. Drop me a private message and let me know what you are looking for, and I'll keep my eyes open for you...

Hi, thanks so much for letting me know.  I'll check my calendar.  I agree that would be a good one to attend.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you