Votes
Barry Snyder
  • Huron, SD
Votes |
New member from Aberdeen SD!

Barry Snyder
  • Huron, SD
Posted Jan 8 2016, 10:20

Hey, all! I'm 26 years old and reside in Aberdeen, SD. My SO and I are currently looking to purchase our first rental property. We're looking to invest in the Aberdeen and Sioux Falls areas of SD. I stumbled upon this website about a month ago and have since devoured around 50 podcasts. 

It was a bit of a weird path to get here. I had started listening to the Survival Podcast to learn about the homesteading lifestyle. At one point during the show, Jack mentioned a quote from this little known book called Rich Dad Poor Dad. I don't remember the exact wording, but it was along the lines of " Poor dads teach their kids to be good employees, rich dads teach their kids to be good business owners". That really stuck a chord with me, so of course I had to read the book. Over the next week, I listened to another 3 of his books. Then I started looking up real estate investing and came across a forum post from BiggerPockets. At first I thought it was just another site that wanted gobs of my money before they'd tell me anything halfway useful. Boy was I wrong. I'm finding that this is a great place for free and incredibly useful information. Having said that; all of the BiggerPockets books came in the mail this morning and I'm ready to start learning so much more.

Loading replies...