Real Estate Agent from California

7 Replies

I have been a realtor since 1991 in Moreno Valley, California.   Moreno Valley is in the Inland Empire about 40 miles from Palm Springs to the East and 80 miles to LA to the west.  San Bernardino and the Mountains within an hours drive to the North and Orange County and Beaches 60 miles to the south and west.    I am just starting investing, I took the Flipping seminar last year with a client who was interested in starting and I am her agent and advisor.   We are looking to network with other investors in our area.  

Hello @Ruth Salley . You've come to the right place. I am a Broker/Investor and while some people argue that it is better to do one or the other (Due to liability concerns) I've saved probably in the low $100,000s in agent fees. Depending on your client's financial situation there are deals out there to be made. Best of luck!

Welcome Ruth - 

I grew up in the Inland empire - last time I was there, I could not believe all the growth in the area - you even have a baseball stadium in down town San Bernardino now! I have a lot of good memories of the area.. and some not so good ones.   I moved away when I was 18 - but I wonder now and then about buying vacation rentals up in Arrowhead and Big Bear - I always loved it up there.  See if there are any local REAI groups you can join and network with other investors in the area - you can learn a lot from them. Keep us up to date on your progress -  best of luck in all your endeavors!

Hello @Ruth Salley

Welcome to the site! Glad you are hear and this site will give you some great networking connections. I agree with @David Friedman on saving quite a bit of money being a broker/investor. Having your real estate license gives you an edge that someone without the license does not have. Good luck and I hope to see you around the site! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you