New to Real Estate investing

3 Replies

Hello to whom ever is reading this.  I am currently in the process of learning about real estate investing.  My initial goal is to create a passive income of 2500 dollars a month over the next couple years, but there are so many different avenues one can take that I haven't yet decided which is best for me.  At this current moment I am gathering as much information about the different aspects of real estate investing, pros and cons, ins and outs, and most importantly, where to begin. 

Thank you,

Mark Aguilar

I think for a lot of people the starting point depends on how much money you have. If you have cash and good credit, then you can buy. Many people need to find a way to start without money. They are often limited to wholesaling or need to find a partner. Good luck.

Welcome @Mark Aguilar and congratulations on your decision to pursue RE! In the beginning it's very easy to become overwhelmed with all the options, ligature, and deal analysis. While all of these are vital for many different reasons my suggestion would be to find what really fits YOUR lifestyle.

There is no wrong or right with which direction you take in RE (As long as you do your due diligence of course) just as long as it fits YOUR lifestyle because in the end you need to be happy and confident in what you do and not try to pursue someone else's  direction simply because they have had success in it.

One of the best ways to really gain the knowledge you seek is after you pin down you niche really reach out to those in that specific field. I like to talk with people on my level because it's comfortable and encouraging, however I will always first seek out someone who has had success in their time. They are the ones to learn from.

Find any REI clubs, Forums here on BP, and don't be a stranger to anyone who wants to talk because one single sentence may open up a world of possibilities you've never even imagined!

I'm excited to see your stories in the success section as I know you are going to do very well for yourself!!

Congrats again!

Thank you for the replies.  this all very helpful and encouraging.  I just finished reading about wholesaling and it seems pretty interesting.  Especially a s means to build capital for a first purchase.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you