Votes
Ernie Cruz
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
Buy and Hold Newbie from Miami, FL!

Ernie Cruz
  • Miami, FL
Posted Feb 5 2016, 14:59

My name is Ernesto Cruz and I live in Miami, FL. My wife and I just recently got married and bought a house, and though were still in the process of remodeling our new home, we already know that we want income properties in the near future.

We are super savers and paid for all of our big purchases in cash up until the house. When thinking about our future, we know that we could save enough to provide ourselves and our future kids with great opportunities. However, we want to do more than just save and spend. We want freedom.

Our goal is to achieve financial independence through the purchase of rental properties (primarily SFHs) and never be required to work again. Because we have some time before we finish our own home and save enough to invest in the next property, I am looking forward to networking and meeting with local investors to understand the opportunities and realities of the Miami market. We are also willing to start investing anywhere in a 2 or 3 hour drive radius of Miami. (That means you Port St Lucie, Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Meyers, etc.)

I've learned a lot from Bigger Pockets over the years through podcast, articles, and forum posts, but today I decided I didn't want to be a squatter that didn't contribute. I want to be taught and challenged by the people that make this place so great.

Glad to be here!

Loading replies...