Votes
Joseph Hoot
  • Alpharetta, GA
Votes |
Greetings from a newcomer, Joe Hoot

Joseph Hoot
  • Alpharetta, GA
Posted Feb 10 2016, 04:11
Hi all! M name is Joseph Hoot. I currently live in the Buffalo, NY area and am moving to Roswell, GA area in the spring/early summer with my wife and two kids. I am on the IT industry, currently working for the state of New York university system and am looking for work in GA. My wife is an elementary school teacher, who is fed up with the education system. So our current plan is to support our day-to-day living off of my salary and allow her to go full steam into multi-family investments. We'll be in the area in March to visit, look for IT job opportunities for me, search out a potential primary residence for my family, and also look at investment opportunities. We have a lot going on, so I'm not sure it will be possible to touch base with anyone here, but if you live in that area and might be interested in talking more about how we might begin this journey, I'd be open to trying to meet with you. I am a handy guy. So our current hope is to find something in the GRM range of 4-7 that might need a little bit of love. We have some funds, but would be interested in understanding more about leveraging hard money. I've done a lot of reading and understand some of the basics with GRM, NOI, cap rates, cash on cash, pro forma's, etc... But we don't yet understand a lot about leveraging private investor dollars to make it a win/win for all. If you have any advise or suggestions for me, please toss them my way. I'll go ahead and say "Thank you" in advance. In any case, hello and I'm glad to be able to discuss more about real estate in this forum! Also, I'm a home Brewer who's looking for a good Ellysian IPA clone recipe, if you know of any :) Cheers! Joe

Loading replies...