New member from Hawaii

13 Replies

Aloha. My name is Mike, my friends and family call me Keali'i. I'm a brand new member from Kailua, Hawaii. I've lived in Hawaii all my life. Most of my family moved to the the mainland years ago. So I guess I'm one of the last ones here in Hawaii LOL. I recently took my first ever real estate investment course here in Hawaii and loved what I learned. However, I am new to the business and still learning. I'm hoping to connect with all investors, new and seasoned, from Hawaii and from other parts of the country, to learn from each other, and hopefully engage in some real estate investment deals. Looking forward to meeting the community. Hope everyone has an awesome 2016.

Hey welcome to BP! What or whose course did you go through? One of the things that I have found when it comes to connecting is offer help in some way add value to the network. Until you figure out what niche or strategy will work talk it out. There are so many resources here on this site and through the people on here that many of your questions will be answered.

I am also open to meeting up some time. I am up near Wahiawa. Send me message and we can set something up. 

Aloha @Michael Brito Jr. - welcome to the Hawaii club :) I have a flip in progress in Enchanted Lake - your neck of the woods (among other areas right now where I'm doing deals). BP is an awesome site for many reasons - knowledge and networking being the best ones, of course. Grab the getting started guide - it's a great read - and then dig into some marketing, the #1 task as an REI, in my opinion.

@Jeremy Hunter the real estate investment course I took was through the Honolulu Mentor taught by Michael Mazzella. I believe Michael is quite possibly one of the top real estate investors here in Hawaii right now. You can find him on honolulumentor.com, or on youtube. I thought the course was great. It gave me the confidence I needed to push forward with making actual offers on properties here in Hawaii. Something I've never done before in fear that I may actually have an acceptance that I wouldn't know what to do with. I had so many roadblocks in my own mind that caused hesitation in getting started with REI. Michael helped to take out some of those road blocks and pave a road in the direction I wanted to go. He even lead me here to this community that I never knew existed. All in all, Michael Mazzella becomes more than a mentor at the end of his course. He's dedicated to making sure his students succeed in this business which is great. I'm so glad he pointed us to this site as there are so many resources and connections to be made here, especially as a PRO member. I saw the value as a PRO member partially due to things I learned from Michael. For instance, I didn't know anything about analyzing properties for profit until I met Michael. Then coming to this site and seeing the analysis tools they have for PRO members...that alone was worth paying for as a member. Not to mention all the access you have to forums, educational materials and connecting with members. This place is awesome.

I have a friend who also took his course and really benefited from Michael's mentorship and direction.  He is helping me with my analyzing skills haha. I am glad that He has helped you out in getting started. There are so many aspects toreal estate and wholesaling is one of the easier routes for beginners. I have learned alot here on BP as well as through a group called Renatus. Having mentors and a solid knowledge and network to tap will help build your credibility as you get started. Someone mentioned to me that being apart of multiple groups will help your personal network grow. So that is what I am doing, and I tell you what finding ways to help others will come back to you. You never know who might be able to help you with a life changing deal. 

Aloha @Michael Brito Jr. and @Jeremy Hunter ,

Thanks to both of you guys, I appreciate your kind comments!

If you guys have some time on Saturday next week (April 2nd), I'm having somewhat of an 'open house' for Hawaii real estate investors at one of my house flips in Kaneohe. Its a 'rehab tour,' and I'll discuss how I found it, funded it, fixed it (in tear-down condition when I bought it), and now will be flipping it as its almost ready to return to market. I'll walk you through the various problems we encountered and how we solved each of them. We already have over 50+ rsvps, so it will be a good chance to meet and chat with some of your Oahu investor colleagues.

If you'd like to drop by, message me for details. We'll get to chat some more in person...

Seize the day!
~Michael

Hello everyone, 

I'm just getting back on the site after a few months off and selling a great house me and my wife flipped in Cary North Carolina. 

We are moving to Maui to help with caring for an elderly parent. Just wanted to see if there are going to be any BP meetups in the near future and also does anyone know if Maui has a local real estate investing club that has meetings on a regular basis for networking?  

Thanks a bunch.

Looking forward to meeting other BP members after I get settled in. 

Welcome to Maui & welcome back to the forum! We have a few members here on island but there are no formal meetup groups as of now.  I would be open to starting one up with you as I think there is a need for that here on Island.  Let me know! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you