Silicon Valley Realtorl-intro from Sam Shueh

9 Replies

I am a Ft realtor working in South San Francisco Bay for over 10+ years.  After doing property management, remodeling and raise a family in 2005 I went FT as an extension what I enjoyed doing which is helping others solving their problems.   I am based in Campbell-San Jose and know the entire South Bay and Peninsula.   I hope BP will allow me to introduce me more about my work during the recovery phase of the Great Recession.

I look forward to hear more from you.

Sam Shueh, Silicon Valley, CA

I am a seasoned realtor. I have predicted the peak and return able to identify the neighborhood that have the highest return..... Kind know how much steam we got left in re housing based on hard data.

They will not allow me to post my blogs or links so stay low key for awhile.

Sam Shueh

Campbell, CA

Originally posted by @Sam Shueh :

I am a seasoned realtor. I have predicted the peak and return able to identify the neighborhood that have the highest return..... Kind know how much steam we got left in re housing based on hard data.

They will not allow me to post my blogs or links so stay low key for awhile.

Sam Shueh

Campbell, CA

Hi Sam,

Welcome to Biggerpockets.  It'd be interesting to see your input on how much steam you believe we have left in Bay Area housing market.  Since BP doesn't allow you to post your blogs, can you do a cut and paste from your blogs, or share with us your foresight regarding the Bay Area housing market?  What indicators are you looking at to make your predictions?  BP is a great platform for you to share your knowledge and gain credibility.  Looking forward to your housing forecast.

If you can get on my blogs on ActiveRain, a site for realtors. For South Bay I have it analyzed each neighborhood quarterly. The % of growth has shrink to single digit from double % since Q1 2012. The exception is people move to a lower priced neighborhood from job centers and to Central SJ and Milpitas.  Also Morgan Hill and Gilroy enjoyed at crazy 15%+ appreciation.  Empty open houses in Cupertino, Santa Clara (longer time taking homes to sell).  Evergreen neighborhood of east SJ seems to follow the same pattern taking longer to sell and higher prices than other neighborhoods...

The reason is simple. Affordability. It takes $200K income to afford a modest 3/2/1400 sf  home in better school west SJ.  $150K income to get a 1.1M townhomes in west side of San Jose.  If employees from Google, FB are looking at Newark, Hayward that means soon people will return to Tracy, Los Banos again. 

The home prices in SF county is ridiculously overpriced. It already saw a modest price erosion. Rent is priced so high that there are no takers.

Elsewhere, in the middle 90s I heard Gilroy home prices shot through the roof with 35% yearly appreciation. Conventional wisdom tells me it was not sustainable. It dropped 55% during the trough years with 50 months of inventory. Now there is a shortage of housing again. Gilroy just barely regrouped its historical price(see my ActiveRain blog posted) after 4 years of sustained growth.

To push up the demand there got to have more highly compensated jobs fueled by VC seeded money.  With local HP, Yahoo, Yelp, semi conductor companies, and IBM layoffs. It is not all that rosy. The question is how long will the home prices to be flatten out and when the million dollar modest homes be worth less when the local economy can not not support it?  It will start with the largest employer like AAPL whether iWatch, iPad updates, iPhone products will really keep overstaffed employees busy forever. 

Hope that helps

Sam Shueh

Silicon Valley, CA

@Sam Shueh

You could add a lot of value to BiggerPockets. Creating a pro account is well worth the money spent. You could post your blogs in the marketplace to educate others. There are a ton of investors in your area that could greatly benefit from what you have to offer. Have a great day. 

Thank you.  I will expand my account.

Right now I am busy ans questions posted....

Just sold 1 home near Santana Row. Working on two others.

Sam Shueh

In 2017 it has been a slower start. The low ends are selling like hot cakes. There is some resistance on high end estates.  Fear of unknowns. Affordability is not an issue as 0.5% increase in interest rate is managible.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you