Newbie from Kendallville, Indiana

9 Replies

I am brand new to Bigger Pockets and real estate in general.   My husband and I have always had an interest, but were never sure where to start.   We fell into becoming landlords last year when we built a new home and ended up renting our previous home to a friend. We are looking to learn more about acquiring more investments. 

Welcome Jamie! Hope everything works out with being a landlord to your friend. I have had bad experiences mixing friendship and living arrangements so I truly wish you the best! 

Are you primarily interested in acquiring more rentals, doing flips, wholesaling, etc ?

Promotion
PassiveInvesting.com
Private Real Estate Syndication Team
ATTENTION: Learn the 7 Red Flags for Passive Apartment Investing
Do you want to learn how to know if you are investing with a good operator? Check this out now.
Read Article Now

We are leaning toward buying single family properties and either flipping or renting. We haven't quite decided what direction we want to go.   I have been reading here about the different options and the pros and cons.  It's been about 7 months and so far things are going smoothly with our friend.   We knew that was risky,  but hoping for the best. 

Welcome to Bigger Pockets!  There are two or three different meet ups in the Fort Wayne area if you are interested.  The first is playing the Cash Flow game on the second Saturdays of the month, this Saturday, at Sweetwater in the cafeteria at 10:00 am.  The other is the NIREA meeting on the third Saturday which meets at Pro-Tech on Sherman.  The meeting starts at 9:30 am and you can attend once as a guest.  

Let me know if you'd ever like to get together in FW and discuss real estate.

Welcome Jamie. I'm fairly new myself, but have found this site to be unbelievably helpful. I do HVAC for most of the property management company's here in Ft Wayne. Even come to Kendallville for a mobile home park there. Let me know if I can ever be of any help. Best of luck in all of your RE investing endeavors. 

welcome... i recommend u try and connect with rhe local rei group in ft.wayne.. they meet April 16th, 930 am. At  the protech bldg. On the corner of sherman n elmer, 1 block from the zoo.. I'm a buy n hold type of investor, feel free to contact me if I can help...

Thank you all for the warm welcome!  We are planning to stay close to home in Noble County to start with.  We are excited to learn from and connect with everyone here at Bigger Pockets! We are going to try to attend one of the meet ups very soon!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you