New Member- Durham NH

18 Replies

Hi All!

I'm a Newbie from Durham NH. I've been truly blown away by this site! (I might have said this in my profile, Oops ). I've always been fascinated by real estate  but always thought it was something for people more savvy,  hip, cool, rich, together, smart (I could keep going) than I am  but after stumbling  (by accident ) onto Bigger Pockets and listening to a few of Brandon's podcasts (investing with low/no money down- awesome!) I feel I can do this! I'm ready to do the work! If I'm right, the first order of business - read, read, read! I'm ready to get educated in this new endeavor! Don't hesitate to say hi and give me some advise! I'm eager to learn! I'm currently employed with a local housing authority in their maintenance department and started thinking,  "Geesh, wouldn't it be nice if I could fix up a place and sell it?! I'm a single dad of three beautiful daughters - so, I definitely need the money!  

Promotion
Innago
Property Management Software
Manage Your Rentals Better For Free. Save Time & Money.
Easily Collect Rent, Screen Tenants, Sign Leases, List Properties, Manage Work Orders, & Much More!
100% Free Try It Now

@Boyd Evans

Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul 

Welcome to BiggerPockets @Boyd Evans ! Already having a skillset to help with rehab is going to put you worlds ahead of everyone else.  Let me know if I can ever be of assistance to you or if you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to help!

Boyd, welcome to BP. I go to school at UNH and live in Durham at the moment and also own three rental units. I'm also a licensed agent, let me know if I can help you in any way.

Originally posted by @Paul Timmins :

@Boyd Evans

Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul 

Thanks @Paul Timmons for the great advice! I will download the Beginner's Book first and look at those other two next. Thanks for the recommendations. I'll let you know how I made out on them!

I will also Google REIA groups in my area! That sounds like a great idea! Thanks again!

Hi Boyd, welcome to BP.

This is a great place to learn. Make sure to listen to all the BP podcasts, read the articles on the main blog and be active in these forums to learn a ton very quickly about any topic in real estate you want to know more about.

This is also a great place to meet people that can be assets to your business. Lots of great connections all over but we also have a very strong and active contingent here in MA and NH on here so make sure to find them (Set up some keyword alerts to find out about local topics) and get connected.

Besides doing that on here make sure to get out to some of the many local investor events we have.  I do not know of anything right near you but you can check out the NHREIA in Manchester and the NH Real Estate Mastermind group on Nashua.  Lots of options in Northern MA as well.

Originally posted by @Matt Lefebvre :

Welcome to BiggerPockets @Boyd Evans! Already having a skillset to help with rehab is going to put you worlds ahead of everyone else.  Let me know if I can ever be of assistance to you or if you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to help!

Thanks for the encouragement @Matt Lefevre. I will definitely take you up on your offer!

Originally posted by @Axel Ragnarsson :

Boyd, welcome to BP. I go to school at UNH and live in Durham at the moment and also own three rental units. I'm also a licensed agent, let me know if I can help you in any way.

Thanks Axel for the offer of help! I will definitely take you up on it! It's nice to know there's someone so close. I'd love to grab a coffee and hear your story!

Originally posted by @Shaun Reilly :

Hi Boyd, welcome to BP.

This is a great place to learn. Make sure to listen to all the BP podcasts, read the articles on the main blog and be active in these forums to learn a ton very quickly about any topic in real estate you want to know more about.

This is also a great place to meet people that can be assets to your business. Lots of great connections all over but we also have a very strong and active contingent here in MA and NH on here so make sure to find them (Set up some keyword alerts to find out about local topics) and get connected.

Besides doing that on here make sure to get out to some of the many local investor events we have.  I do not know of anything right near you but you can check out the NHREIA in Manchester and the NH Real Estate Mastermind group on Nashua.  Lots of options in Northern MA as well.

Thanks @Shaun Reilly! What a great list of advice! I will definitely check out the Manchester REIA groups as well as any Seacoast meetings! I'm trying to prioritize my education right now. Hoping to create a balance of literature, BP posts, & networking meetings. (I want to bone up on reading first so when I actually goto a meeting and talk to a real person, I may have an idea of what they are telling me! Lol).

I know it just takes time. BP is keeping me excited though! 

Thanks again for the time you spent in your message!

@Boyd Evans  welcome to the site, BP has a tremendous amount of information to help you

I'm a local investor in the New Hampshire

and would be more then happy to help you out with any questions you have

we have network meeting at Nashua on the 3rd Wed of the month and it great place to meet with others real estate investor and we have numbers of deals done after people meet in our group, you can find more Here

Look forward to seeing you around! PM me if I can help

Wish you all the best!

Gal

Promotion
Vacasa
Vacation Rental Property Management
We do the work. You get the ROI.
We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.
Free income estimate
Originally posted by @Gal Peretz :

@Boyd Evans welcome to the site, BP has a tremendous amount of information to help you

I'm a local investor in the New Hampshire

and would be more then happy to help you out with any questions you have

we have network meeting at Nashua on the 3rd Wed of the month and it great place to meet with others real estate investor and we have numbers of deals done after people meet in our group, you can find more Here

Look forward to seeing you around! PM me if I can help

Wish you all the best!

Gal

Thanks @Gallery Peretz.  I will check it out. I've been looking for some meetings! Thanks Again!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you