• Investor
  • San Jacinto, CA
Votes |
I love the real estate business...

Chet Snyder
  • Investor
  • San Jacinto, CA
Posted Apr 10 2016, 05:43

Hi. I started real estate investing back in the 70's while going to college after serving my country in the USAF stationed at former McClelland AFB. I purchased many properties using what became know as the "Round Robin System" whereby I opened many lines of credit (credit cards - as credit was tough to get as a student back then) and took out cash withdraws for down payments. I purchased many properties with as little as $500 down. Back then, Owner Financing was available using vehicles such as Contract for Deeds. You could still purchase FHA & VA "Simple Assumptions" by non-qualifying and taking over the notes. The banks has since closed this option down. I obtained a CA real estate and mortgage license in the early 1980s and have been licensed ever since. I've since been licensed in MO, TX & NV.

Since the 2007 crash, many of us are having to rebuild, self included.  As the market died, I pursued a teaching license and now teach Science and Biology.   Re" investing, I have started out buying two mobile homes, cheap.   Or so I thought.  Have learned much, as I was new to that game.  I am now searching for a 4 plex and want to purchase as many real estate properties as possible.  I love long term property investing. 

I just want to say, be very careful in dealing with unscrupulous real estate agents.  I have never seen so much corruption and unethical practices prior to 2007.

Loading replies...