New Member in Richmond, VA

13 Replies

Hi Everyone!

My name is KK and I live in Richmond, VA. I currently work in the Corporate World in Financial Services. I have always had an entrepreneurial itch and have always loved real estate so I figured I would start looking for ways to marry the two and turn it into a career.

My short term goal (next 12 months) is to buy my first Multifamily property and stay in one of units while renting the others out. My long term goal is to build my portfolio to create passive income so that I can have more flexibility later on in life.

I don't currently have much experience but have signed up to take my real estate exam later this year and plan to use the time in between to save, put together a business plan and learn everything I can! 

Welcome KK, 

BP has been the cornerstone of my REI growth. I specifically find the podcasts helpful. I'm also in the Richmond Area, hope to meet you at the Richmond REIA.

Regards,

Mark

hello KK I am Keta and I too live in Richmond Virginia new to the real estate business as well. I am currently a member of the Army National Guard and work for the Department of Defense in transportation and Logistics and supply. I have been interested for many years in real estate but had no idea how to get started and where to begin with education. However I went to a fortune Builders class last week and I am on fire. I have been researching and gaining a plethora of information and educating myself to the fullest. I am looking to surround myself with like-minded individuals owho are aiming for the same goals and either can help educate me or willing to learn with me. Hopefully one day we can work together.

Promotion
Apartments.com
List, Screen, Lease, Get Paid, Manage.
No Better Place to Lease Your Place
Owners rely on the #1 rental site to get the best results from their rental properties.
Get Started Now

@Ricketa Buckhalter What you're describing sounds a lot like me this past weekend :). I started talking to someone I know on Friday.. by Saturday morning, I signed up to get my Real Estate License, by Sunday I found this site and had spent 5 hours reading/saving articles and by yesterday, I created an action plan for the next 9 months. 

I also love meeting like minded people. Hopefully I'll see you at one of the REIA meetings this summer.

Hey @KK  A. and welcome to Bigger Pockets! Bigger Pockets is the ultimate game changer when it comes to successful real estate investing. Bigger Pockets is the only way to go when networking with other investors and getting deals done correctly. Congratulations and I wish you all the best. You are not alone in your real estate ambition.

Welcome KK. While I have a bunch of Virginia investors on the page, I am wondering how everyone is handling Virginia's Business and Professional Occupation License (BPOL)? I know it is handled by each county, city, or town but how are we classified and on what revenues?

Originally posted by @Randy Friedland :

The Richmond Meetup Group is run by Moe Williams.  They are actually having a meeting tonight and I would recommend attending if you can. Details should be available on the site.

Randy, Moe's last name is Mathews and is a great guy and is always looking out and helping others in this great business.

Promotion
Sharestates
America's Private Lender
Receive Fix and Flip Funding Approval In As Little As 24 Hours!
Sharestates helps developers and brokers secure funding quickly with the most competitive terms.
Get Funded

Thanks @Steven Butala! I've already been reading so much and have already found it very useful so I'm excited to see what the future will hold.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you