First timer from Chula Vista,Ca

6 Replies

Hello all. My name is Toi and I currently reside in Chula Vista, Ca. I am Navy vet and a stay at home mom. Although I have no background in real estate, it has always been a dream of mine to become an entrepreneur and own rental property. I am very interested in RE investing. The biggerpockets community seems to be less commercialized and more on a personal level. I am a huge research buff and ran across a banner during my new to real estate investing quest. With that being said I want to start making my dream come by using the tools the site has to offer.

Hi Toi.  It is great to hear about your dreams to own property and be an entrepreneur.  I wish you well!!

As a vet, you have more financing options open to you.  

Please listen to the Podcasts from #1 - 170.  There is so much information that you can learn from podcasts; much more than what you can learn from books.

Also sign up for the webinars.  @Brandon Turner does a great job in explaining processes and showing you, step-by-step, how to use the different calculators that are available to members.  Please note that free BP members can only use the calculators 5 times. BUT BP pro members have unlimited use of the different calculators.

Good luck in your endeavors  

Hi @Latoina Pouncy !! Welcome! I'm also a newbie in Chula Vista and a stay at home mom and Navy wife. I used to do flips with my family in nor cal ten years ago. I just started reading my stack of books on REI, and love listening to podcasts here. We should meet up.

Promotion
Marko Rubel
ATTENTION INVESTORS
Get Deals 100% Funded – No Credit, No Banks, No Job Verification
New Unlimited Funding® program for investors: low-interest, without banks or shark lenders.
Check availability

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you