Investor from Arizona

11 Replies

Hi finally joined Bigger Pockets after my husband has been suggesting the site and podcast for a while:-)

I have been listening to the podcasts now for a few weeks and really love the different people you bring on and the topics covered!

I have been an investor since 2005. Currently live in Gilbert and invest in the east valley and getting more interested in some of the Phoenix areas.

Currently own residential properties that I lease as vacation rentals. I also am part owner in a few commercial buildings that our business runs as executive office suites.

My husband and I just bought our first 4-plex and love it.  I want to do more multi-family with more units.  I look for properties in good locations with-in walking distance to shops and restaurants that would be a good conversion to vacation or corporate rentals.

welcome Sara!! I'm also living in Gilbert currently and that's where I grew up. Have you checked out AZREIA? I recently joined and I think it's going to be a great place to network. They have great member benefits with Home Depot as well for your repair needs. I'm curious if you work as a real estate agent as well as an investor and if you could speak to that balance if you are as I am wanting to get licensed to become an agent and invest as well.

Steven, thank you for the welcome!  Looking forward to learning more.

Ryan, thanks for the welcome. Yes I do belong to AZREIA. I just recently signed back up after being a previous member. I am also a real estate agent as is my husband. I had my license previously from 2005-2009 then let it lapse. I just recently got it again. I do like being able to access the MLS and view properties anytime without having to rely on another Realtor to schedule viewings.

Hi Sara, 

I'm an investor in Mesa and I'm planning on selling a few single family houses we bought when the market was low and use that cash to help move into small multifamily. The obstacles I'm running into are there are so few especially in the east valley, and of course trying to find them in a decent area.  What helped you find yours? 

@Kyle Karges , we got lucky on the first 4-plex we found. It went on the MLS a couple days before X-mas and we jumped on it as soon as it came out without seeing it. We went under contract on Christmas Eve. We just stayed diligent on constantly looking. We have switched our approach lately and just had our first round of yellow letters go out, so we'll see how that goes.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you