New Savannah Investor

7 Replies

I'm a recent college grad looking for buy and hold deals in the downtown Savannah area.  I am new to investing and looking to begin with a owner/occupant duplex or single family with a caraige house and would appreciate any advice.  

I would love to hear from other investors in the area about any hidden issues and costs that go into renting to local college students.   

You should definitely talk to my friend Beth Quigley Ferensic.  She is a Realtor and owns SCAD rentals downtown.  BP does not allow me to post her contact info for some reason.

Promotion
Apartments.com
List, Screen, Lease, Get Paid, Manage.
No Better Place to Lease Your Place
Owners rely on the #1 rental site to get the best results from their rental properties.
Get Started Now

I'm Greg I currently living in the Savannah Georgia area. I've been looking at multifamily homes in Savannah area for couple month now watching the trains and problems that is common in the Savannah area. I see number investments opportunities that can be very profitable in the Savannah market as for the multi family homes near college area and surrounding areas. I have not moved on any of the properties yet looking for capital to try to purchase a set in the same area. Have you find a partner in the Savannah area?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you