Votes
Stephen Polizzi
  • Danbury, NH
Votes |
New member in the Lakes Region of NH

Stephen Polizzi
  • Danbury, NH
Posted Apr 26 2016, 18:57

Excited to be here! I am currently a health insurance agent looking to make the transition to real estate investing before the Obamacare ship sinks altogether. I am partnering with my two brothers who are both very skilled contractors and we're looking to find a couple of properties we can flip this year. I'm about 40-50 episodes deep on the podcast and have been through the beginners guides...right now my time is split between continuing my real estate education and scouring the MLS, Craigslist, etc looking to find a deal we can start with. I know we need a marketing campaign to find the unlisted deals, and that will come in time, but we really want to get started right away so we'll probably take on something from one of the more traditional listing venues first.

Our long-term goals are to buy-and-hold multi-families (we have some experience in that area from a previous life), but I think the best use of our time now is to build up capital on flips/rehabs. The BRRRR method seems like it would be a good fit for us eventually, but in the short-term the seasoning requirements won't work, so we'll be keeping that in mind for later date. We're developing sources for financing now via home equity and hope to work with a private/hard-money lender or a partner for the rest. We'll being doing a lot of the work ourselves (full-time) and managing subs for the remainder as the balance between time and money works itself out.

I've started attending REIAs and will be participating on the forums for networking.  Maybe a partner/mentor opportunity will present itself eventually, but for now its the grind to make something happen.

Any thoughts, advice, or ideas regarding flips in New Hampshire would be most appreciated especially towns to target and areas to avoid. Our plan is to get in on something low-priced that needs a lot of work unless someone convinces me that that's a bad idea. I'm confident that we can calculate the rehab costs relatively well, but I'm concerned about getting a good read on ARV, so I'm also considering getting my agent license to have access to the MLS. I'm the numbers/data guy in the group, so they'll be relying on me for that part.

Anyhow, seems like a sufficient introduction. Looking forward to being a part of the community!

Loading replies...