Investor from Montana

10 Replies

I am a Montana native. I grew up in Glendive, MT and moved to Bozeman, MT in 1994. My husband and I started investing in real estate in 2014. We have done a few deals and are looking to do a lot more! We are eager to learn and experience as much as possible in the real estate world! We are also always looking to meet new investors, or anyone involved/interested in real estate!

It is getting expensive! My husband and I end up investing elsewhere! We look in Billings a lot, did a couple flips in Butte and have one in now in Great Falls. The hardest part here is that if a good deal comes up there will be several offers on it in the 1st day, sight unseen. We live here and have still had to put in offers before seeing the properties....very frustrating! What type of investing do you do? I see you're a property manager....do you do mostly rentals?

Promotion
Roofstock
Buy & sell single-family rentals online
Radically accessible real estate investing
Get access to exclusive property listings, proprietary data, and support to build your portfolio.
Learn More

I'm moving to MT from TX in August, I plan on investing the south-west corner of the state. Basically from to Helena over to Bozeman. I look forward to getting started and building some good relationships with you folks!

Bozeman has a small REI group. There is a local forum place to look and see who posted in the Montana section. It is nice to network. There is no investing group in Wyoming that I have found except Cheyenne has began having meetings, I got to attend one of those. Don't forget to give your fellow MT posters a vote for replying to your message. Good Luck on your investing, let me know if you need anything from Wyoming.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you